Array (  => Februar  => 12,  => 2019 )12Februar
- Innovation, Society & Public Policy (Innovationsforschung)
Visiting scholar: Clemens Blümel
In the weeks of February 4 – 23, the Innovation, Society & Public Policy (ISPP) group is hosting visiting scholar Dr. Clemens Blümel.
Clemens is a researcher and project leader at the German Centre for Higher Education Research and Science Studies (DZHW) in Berlin, where his current research focuses on innovation in scholarly communication and digital scholarly practices. He previously worked at the Science Studies Department at Humboldt-University, in the DFG funded priority program “Science and the Public” (DFG SPP 1409), studying the publication landscape of synthetic biology. He was also involved in a project on core concepts, organizational practices and evaluation processes of Translational Medical Research funded by the Berlin Institute of Health (BIH). Clemens studied sociology, communication studies, and psychology.
Clemens will also give a lunch talk on Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 12.30 – 2.00 PM (room 370) titled “The Valuation of Digital Scholarly Communication: Platforms, Metrics and Narratives.”
- Blümel, Clemens (forthcoming): What synthetic biology aims at: Review articles as sites for constructing and narrating a field, in: Kastenhofer, Karen; Molyneux-Hodgson, Susan (eds.) Community and Identity in Technoscience, Sociology of the Sciences Yearbook.
- Blümel, Clemens (2018): Translational research in the science policy debate: a comparative analysis, Science and Public Policy, Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 24–35, .
- Blümel, Clemens (2018): Legitimes Sprechen über Innovation? Die Nutzung von Innovationsverständnissen im wissenschaftspolitischen Feld. Zeitschrift für Diskursforschung, Beiheft,, Ausgabe 01, Jahr 2018, 71-102. Doi: 10.3262/ZFDB1801071.
- Blümel, Clemens (2018): Die Formation und Legitimierung regionalisierter Förderinstrumente in der Wissenschafts- und Technologiepolitik. In Hergesell J., Maibaum A., Minnetian C., & Sept A. (Hrsg.), Innovationsphänomene (S. 167-188). Wiesbaden: Springer VS.
- Blümel, Clemens (2016). Enrolling the toggle switch: Visionary claims and the capability of modeling objects in the disciplinary formation of Synthetic Biology. NanoEthics: Studies of New and Emerging Technologies, Vol. 10(3), 269-287.