The eligibility for the Master’s program Responsibility in Science, Engineering and Technology (RESET) is demonstrated by:
- holding a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, psychology, the humanities, economics, STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics), life sciences, medicine or law.
2. verification of the successful participation in a module (lecture, seminar, exercise module) in the methods and theories of social sciences amounting to 8 credits. If this prerequisite is unfulfilled, a respective module has to be completed within the first year of studies. Please note that the form “Verification of the Successful Participation in Modules on Methods and Theories of Social Sciences” needs to be filled out irrespective of whether proof can be provided or not (please tick the respective box on the form).
3. adequate knowledge of the English language; students whose native language is not English must demonstrate proficiency through an acknowledged language test such as
- “Test of English as a Foreign Language“ (TOEFL) (with at least 88 points)
- “International English Language Testing System” (IELTS) (with at least 6.5 points) or
- “Cambridge Main Suite of English Examinations”(CAE or CPE, Grades A, B, C)
Alternatively, adequate language skills may be proven if 12 credits were obtained in the Bachelor’s program for courses held in English (in this case, an official document from the university has to be submitted stating that the courses and the respective exams were held entirely in English).
4. passing the aptitude assessment pursuant to Appendix 2 of the Examination and Academic Regulations for the Master’s Program Responsibility in Science, Engineering and Technology.
International students are required to provide proof of basic knowledge of the German language within the first year of their studies.
Foto: Uli Benz (TUM)
Foto: Astrid Eckert (TUM)
Foto: Andreas Heddergott (TUM)