Dr. Hadrien Macq
Hadrien Macq is a postdoctoral researcher at the Innovation, Society and Public Policy Research Group at the Munich Center for Technology in Society (MCTS), Technical University Munich. His research and teaching focus on research and innovation policy and more specifically on the way public authorities conceive and promote public participation in science, technology and innovation. At the MCTS, he works on regional innovation cultures in innovation policies in so-called “lagging” regions.
In his doctoral dissertation in Political and Social Sciences at the University of Liège (2020), he explored the emergence of participatory innovation in policies of the European Commission and Wallonia, Belgium. He holds a Master’s Degree in Political Science from ULiege and a Master’s Degree in Science and Technology Studies from Maastricht University.
Before joining the MCTS, he has been working as a postdoctoral researcher at the Spiral Research Centre (ULiege) as well as at the Institute of Political Science (UCLouvain). He was also a visiting scholar at the Research Center on Citizen Science (University of Geneva) and at the Centre de Sociologie de l’Innovation (MINES ParisTech).
- Public participation in science, technology and innovation
- Research and Innovation Policies
- Regional innovation cultures
- Macq, H., Parotte, C., Delvenne, P. (2021), Exploring Frictions of Participatory Innovation between Scales and Sites, Science as Culture, 30(2), 161-171
- Delvenne, P., Parotte, C., Macq, H. (2021), Special Section on Participatory Innovation, Science as Culture, 30(2), 161-236
- Macq, H., Tancoigne, E., Strasser, B. (2020), From Deliberation to Production: Public Participation in Science and Technology Policies of the European Commission (1998-2019), Minerva, 58(4), 489-512
- Delvenne, P., Macq, H. (2020), Breaking Bad with the Participatory Turn? Accelerating Time and Intensifying Value in Participatory Experiments, Science as Culture, 29(2), 245-268
- Public Participation in Science, Technology and Innovation
- Science and Democracy Network (SDN)
- Changing Political Economy of Research and Innovation (CPERI)
- European Association for the Study of Science and Technology (EASST)
- Society for Social Studies of Science (4S)
- Duesberg Foundation Post-Doctoral Research Grant (2021)
- French-Speaking Community of Belgium Research Travelling Grant (2018)
- Rotary International District Fellowship (2018)
- University of Liège Social Science Research Grant (2016-2020)