M.A. Cansu Güner
DoktorandinWissenschafts- und Technologiepolitik
Cansu Güner is a Doctoral Candidate at the Science and Technology Policy Research Group. Previously, she completed her Bachelor’s degree as a double major in International Relations and Public Relations at Istanbul Bilgi University in 2009. She received her Master’s degree in International Relations at Koc University in 2013.
Her academic research interests lie at the intersection of Science and Technology Studies (MCTS), Entrepreneurial Studies, and Feminist TechnoScience. Her Ph.D. thesis focuses on co-shaping of gender and entrepreneurship, paying special attention to the new forms of living and working practices in entrepreneurial techno-cultures. She has been active in the translation of MCTS and is the co-founder of Iris, a Turkish online MCTS Encyclopedia.
Cansu is affiliated with the Center for Science, Technology, Medicine, and Society (CSTMS) at UC Berkeley and San Francisco State University- MCTS Hub. For more recent updates, you can follow her on Twitter @cansuguner.
- Science and Technology Studies (MCTS)
- Feminist TechnoScience
- (Re)configuring Entrepreneurship
- Diversity in Tech
- Future of Work
- Start-up and Digital Cultures
- Antonakaki, Melpomeni; French, Jade Elizabeth; Guner, Cansu (2018). Realising Sara Ahmed’s ‘feminist snap’: Voices, embodiment, affectivity; Ephemera Journal.
- “The Entreprenurialization of Domesticity: Home Automation in Co-Living Spaces” Guner, Cansu, European Association for the Study of Science and Technology (EASST) / Society for Social Studies of Science, 18-21st August 2020, Prague
- “Weekly Planner Digitizer: Domestic Technologies in Hybrid Spaces” Guner, Cansu, Society for Social Studies of Science, 4-7th September 2020, New Orleans
- “Reconfiguring the Engineer: Comparative Analyses on German and Turkish MCTS Curricula” Guner, Cansu and Onculer Yayalar, Emine Society for Social Studies of Science, 4-7th September 2020, New Orleans
- “Girişimcilikte Yeni Çalışma / Yaşama Modu: Ortak Yaşama Alanlarının Toplumsal Cinsiyet Bağlamında İncelenmesi” Guner, Cansu, MCTS TURKEY 2018 Toplum için Bilim ve Teknoloji Çalışmaları Konferansı, 10-11th September 2018, Ankara
- “Revisiting the Public and the Private: From Separate Spheres to Co-living Spaces” Guner, Cansu, 7th MCTS Italia Conference: Technoscience From Below, 14-16th June 2018, Padova
- “Gendered Networks: The Case of Industrial Start-ups in Munich” Guner, Cansu, 17th Annual MCTS Conference Graz 2018: Critical Issues in Science, Technology and Society Studies, 7-8th May 2018, Graz
- “MCTS in Translation” Guner, Cansu; Akyuz, Kaya; Isik, Ozgur; Eren, Selen; Aygun, Adil; Society for Social Studies of Science, 4-7th September 2020, New Orleans
- “Science and Technology on the Silk Road: ,Past and Present Practices, Future Perspectives in Turkey” Guner, Cansu, 3rd European Convention on Turkic, Ottoman & Turkish Studies, 19-21st September 2018, Bamberg
- “Colliding theories, cultures, and futures. MCTS view(s) beyond the horizon. Or: MCTS diaspora” Guner, Cansu, European Association for the Study of Science and Technology (EASST), 25-28th July 2018, Lancaster