The eligibility for the Master’s program Responsibility in Science, Engineering and Technology (RESET) is demonstrated by:
1. Holding a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, psychology, the humanities, economics, STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics), life sciences, medicine or law.
2. Verification of 8 credits worth of courses in theories and methods of social science. If this prerequisite is unfulfilled, students have to take a special preparatory course at the beginning of their first semester. Please note that the application form “Verification of the Successful Participation in Modules on Methods and Theories of Social Sciences” needs to be filled out irrespective of whether proof can be provided or not (please tick the respective box on the form) and that the filled-out form will be assessed within the aptitude assessment process.
3. Adequate knowledge of the English language; students whose native language is not English must demonstrate proficiency through an acknowledged language test such as
- “Test of English as a Foreign Language“ (TOEFL) (with at least 88 points)
- “International English Language Testing System” (IELTS) (with at least 6.5 points) or
- “Cambridge Main Suite of English Examinations”(CAE or CPE, Grades A, B, C)
Alternatively, adequate language skills may be proven if 12 credits were obtained in the Bachelor’s program for courses held in English (in this case, an official document from the university has to be submitted stating that the courses and the respective exams were held entirely in English).
4. Passing the aptitude assessment pursuant to Appendix 2 of the Examination and Academic Regulations for the Master’s Program Responsibility in Science, Engineering and Technology.
Foto: Uli Benz (TUM)
Foto: Astrid Eckert (TUM)
Foto: Andreas Heddergott (TUM)