Array (  => November  => 22,  => 2021 )22November
- Law, Science and Technology
- Job Listings
Post Doc in the field of law, digitization and new technologies
We are looking for our team as soon as possible, for a
Post Doc (m/f/d) in the field of law, digitization and new technologies (TVL – E13 100%).
What we are looking for
Are you an early career scholar who wants to develop a research profile in the field of law and technology? Would you like to have the opportunity to assume increasingly more responsibility in research and teaching? Are you passionate about the way technologies shape society and the way governance mechanisms, like the law, can shape the design of emergent technologies? Then you should consider joining us.
The Professorship of Law, Science and Technology is dedicated to questions of law, digitization and society from an interdisciplinary legal perspective. This research group explores possibilities for technology design that conforms to and implements the constitution. It is situated at TUM School of Social Science and Technology and the Department for Science, Technology and Society. The School of Social Science and Technology is dedicated to understanding the multifaceted interactions of science, technology and society and to help shape them in a reflective manner.
- Promising scholars who successfully completed doctoral project in the field of law, preferably in a subject area related to the research group or is about to complete it
- An active interest in reflecting on issues of digitization and new technologies (artificial intelligence, internet of things, distributed ledger technologies, various digital platforms) from a public law perspective
- An excellent command of the English language
- Additional language skills and IT knowledge are beneficial
- Networked thinking and acting, soft skills (organization, team skills)
- High motivation and enthusiasm for research in the field of law and technology; ability to conduct research projects in whole or in part independently
- Active participation of research projects, practical projects and teaching activities
- Assumption of own teaching activities, in particular in the elite master RESET
- Organizational tasks (e.g., organization of conferences and workshops)
- Opportunity to further your own scholarly profile through publications and teaching
You can expect to participate in legal research projects in a unique interdisciplinary environment that opens up new, innovative perspectives on the law. You will have the opportunity to specialize in the field of law and digitization, especially from a public law perspective, as well as to deepen your own research focus in this promising field of law. You can expect to work in a committed team on the inner-city campus of the TU Munich. You will be hired as soon as possible and will be paid according to the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L) in the classification TV-L13 (100%). The salary is around 4300 € and 5000 € and includes all mandatory social insurance contributions for healthcare, unemployment, and retirement benefits.
We look forward to receiving your application documents (CV, letter of motivation, copies of relevant certificates, list of publications, text sample of up to two publications), including your earliest possible starting date. Please send them by e-mail with the subject “Application PostDoc Law” in a pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 15 January 2022.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
The TU Munich aims to increase the proportion of women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled persons will be given preference in the case of essentially equal suitability.
Munich University of Technology
TUM School of Social Science and Technology
Prof. Dr. Christian Djeffal
Augustenstraße 46, 80333 Munich
Phone +49 89 289 29235
When applying for a position at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you submit personal data. Please note our data protection information in accordance with Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) on the collection and processing of personal data in the context of your application http://go.tum.de/554159. By submitting your application, you confirm that you have taken note of the TUM data protection information.