Dr. Katrin Hahn
Akademische Rätin (Lecturer)Reorganizing Industries
Katrin owns a lecturer position (akademische Rätin) at the MCTS which encompasses research but also teaching and management responsibilities within the RESET master. Her research interests relate to (changing) conditions and practices of industrial innovation and the increasing importance of addressing and tackling societal challenges in technology development and policies.
From 2015 to 2018 she was involved as PostDoc researcher at the STePS institute, University of Twente (Netherlands), in the European Horizon 2020 project about changing innovation practices in industry (“Industrial Innovation in Transition”). During this period she also led a short research project funded by the German Ministry of Education and Research about “open innovation cultures and policies in German industries”. Before this (2012-2015), Katrin worked as responsible PostDoc researcher at TU Dortmund University (Germany) for the DFG-Project “FINN” about the financialization of companies’ innovation strategies. In 2012 she finished her PhD in the field of heterogeneous innovation collaboration in industry at the Chair of Economic and Industrial Sociology at TU Dortmund University where she had a position as research assistant from 2006.
- Global digitalisation of industry
- Re-organising industrial innovation through digital technologies
- Inclusive innovation policy tools
- Structural change and its mechanisms and practices
- Hahn, Katrin (2018): Innovation in times of financialization: do future-oriented innovation strategies suffer? The example of Germany. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2018.10.016 (forthcoming Research Policy Special Issue, SPRU 50th Anniversary Conference)
- Hirsch-Kreinsen, Hartmut; Hahn, Katrin (2017): Finanzmarktkapitalismus und Innovation. In: Faust, M.; Kaedtler, J.; Wolf, H. (ed.): Finanzmarktkapitalismus? Der Einfluss von Finanzialisierung auf Arbeit, Wachstum und Innovation, Frankfurt/New York: Campus, pp. 333-360
- Hahn, K.; Kuhlmann, S.; Konrad, K.; Visscher, K. (2017): Co-creation: embedding companies’ innovation practices in innovation ecosystem dynamics. Science, Technology & Policy Studies – STePS Working Paper Series 01/17 https://research.utwente.nl/en/publications/co-creation-embedding-companiesinnovation-practices-in-innovation
- Abel, Jörg; Bender, Gerd; Hahn, Katrin (ed.) (2013): Traditionell innovativ, Berlin: edition sigma
- Hahn, Katrin (2013): Heterogene Akteure als Innovationspartner. Zur Strukturierung von Handeln in industriellen Innovationsprojekten, Wiesbaden: Springer VS Editorial Work
- Digitizing industries beyond national borders. Triple Helix Conference, Manchester, 09/2018
- Crossing boundaries for transformative innovation: How?!, Eu-SPRI-Conference Paris, 06/2018, together with Stefan Kuhlmann
- Innovation Ecosystem Strategies of Industrial Firms. Eu-SPRI-Conference Vienna 06/2017, together with Visscher, K.; Konrad, K.; Sauer, A.; Dale-Clough, L.; Georghiou, L.
- Innovation in Times of Financialization: Does Financialization Enhance the Lack of Future-oriented Innovations in Co-ordinated Market Economies? The Example of Germany. SPRU’s 50th anniversary conference, 09/2016, University of Sussex
- Navigating through uncertainty – how complementary expectations provide orientation in industrial innovation projects. SASE mini-conference “uncertainties” 07/2015, London
- Sektionen „Arbeits- und Industriesoziologie“ and „Wirtschaftssoziologie“ Deutsche Gesellschaft für Soziologie
- Gesellschaft für Wissenschafts- und Technikforschung (GWTF)