Eduardo Magrani Ph.D.
former Associated ResearcherLaw, Science and Technology
Eduardo Magrani is Post Doc at the Munich Center for Technology in Society of the Technical University of Munich (TUM). He is a Brazilian lawyer, with a Master and a Ph.D. degree in Law and Senior Lecturer of Law & Technology and Intellectual Property in Universities in Brazil and abroad. Magrani is affiliated at the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University and President of the National Institute for Data Protection in Brazil.
Previously, Eduardo Magrani was the Coordinator of the Institute for Internet and Society of Rio de Janeiro (ITS Rio) and Project Lead Researcher at the Center for Technology & Society at FGV Law School (CTS-FGV). Magrani was co-developer of Brazil’s first comprehensive Internet legislation: Brazil’s Internet Bill of Rights (“Marco Civil da Internet”). In Germany he was Senior Fellow at the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS) on the European and International Cooperation team for Global Innovation Policy, Digitalization and Artificial Intelligence and Fellow at the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG).
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND LAW
INTERNET OF THINGS
- Mapping Digitization in Highly Regulated Spaces, 01.09.2020 - 31.08.2021
- Among Data and Robots: Ethics and Privacy in the Age of Artificial Intelligence / Entre Dados e Robôs: Ética e Privacidade na Era da Inteligência Artificial. Ed. Arquipélago. 2019
- Present Horizon / Horizonte Presente (Org.). Ed. Casa do Direito. 2019.
- The Internet of Things / A Internet das Coisas. Ed. FGV. 2018
- Digital Rights: Latin America and the Caribbean (Org.). Ed. FGV. 2017;
- Connected Democracy / Democracia Conectada. Ed. Juruá. 2014 ;
- We are Big Data: New Technologies and Personal Data Management | Journal: Cyber Law; 2020.
- New Perspectives on Ethics and the Laws of Artificial Intelligence | Journal: Internet Policy Review; 2019.
- The Public Sphere (Forged) in the Era of Fake News and Filter Bubbles | Journal: Cyber Law; 2019.
- Governance of Internet of Things and Ethics of Artificial Intelligence | Journal: Revista Direitos Culturais; 2019.
- Threats of the Internet of Things in a Techno-Regulated Society – A New Legal Challenge of the Information Revolution | Journal: Orbit; 2018.
- Building Creativity: An Argument for the reformulation of the Brazilian Copyright System | Journal: Brazilian Journal of Operations and Production M. 2018.
Deutsch-lusitanischen Juristenvereinigung (Associação Luso-Alemã de Juristas / DLJV – Berlim)
Deutsch-Brasilianische Juristenvereinigung e.V. (Associação de Juristas Alemanha / DBJV – Brasil)
Núcleo de Direitos e Novas Tecnologias realiza pesquisas na área de Direito Civil e Constitucional
National Association of Data Privacy Professionals/Data Protection Officers – DPOs
Law Schools Global League
Global Network of Internet & Society Research Centers
Eduardo Magrani have been awarded “BEST PROFESSOR OF THE YEAR” in 2017 by FGV LAW SCHOOL